Jun 14, 2023
In this episode of the Build Hatch Podcast, we had the
opportunity to hear from Gary Windiate from Windiate
In this episode we talk about:
- Growing up in England and moving to Australia when he was 25
- Gary always wanted to become an Architect but was unable to
pass his first exams.
- He believes you should put all your effort into something you
absolutely love and although it took him a little longer, he
- His first Architectural job brought him to Australia and the
connections he made during this time.
- After in 1998 he come over to Australia permanently and started
working on some of his own projects.
- After a back injury in 2007, Gary decided to start a his own
- The goals of Windiate Architects and the projects Gary was
intentional about saying ‘yes’ to.
- Gary looks at each project as a puzzle and walks us through his
client engagement process.
- The creative opportunities that have opened up since the
pandemic and the shifts in priorities Gary has experienced.
- Intentionally resourcing mostly Australian Made products.
- Out of adversity, you can get some great results.
- Gary’s favourite material is still a humble piece of
- His extensive work in the community and how this has impacted
his life and architectural firm.
- The future for Gary Windiate and his team.
Sit back and enjoy this helpful interview with Gary Windiate
from Windiate Architects
@buildhatch on Instagram