May 19, 2023
In this episode of the Build Hatch Podcast, we had the
opportunity to hear from the Director of Emily Armstrong
In this episode we talk about:
- Growing up in Melbourne and realising, in year 12, she wanted
to pursue architecture.
- Being good at maths and science and having a creative streak,
led Emily to the profession.
- Her experience of studying architecture at University –
expectations vs reality.
- Being interested in food, Emily has started to develop a
product line of breakfast cereals.
- Falling in love with the business side of architecture and the
organic growth that led to her establishing Emily Armstrong
- The typical process Emily’s clients go through.
- Architecture and client trends since the Covid pandemic.
- Emily also does interior design including custom cabinetry and
- The whole idea that someone can encourage you to see something
from a different perspective, but also, translate that to the nuts
- Guiding clients in a direction – encouraging and
- The Grey Street residence project, a heritage Victorian
Terrance in East Melbourne.
- The current economical climate and how this has impacted the
building and construction industry.
- Emily’s experience working with builders and her tips for
finding a good match.
- When not working Emily enjoys creating with food and hopes to
travel again soon.
- The future for Emily Armstrong.
- Emily’s favourite design trends at the moment.
Sit back and enjoy this helpful interview with Emily Armstrong
@buildhatch on Instagram
with Emily on LinkedIn