Mar 27, 2023
In this episode of the Build Hatch Podcast, we had the
opportunity to hear from Brett Winter from Geelong Port - The APP
In this episode we talk about:
- Growing up in Melbourne, which is his home base.
- How Brett found himself immersed in the world of logistics and
- Making an offer to build a new port in Geelong, a 40minuite
drive from Melbourne city.
- Brett dreamt big with the Port proposal asking them what was on
their wish list – then, he made them an offer they couldn’t
- As the CEO of such a large business, Brett then had to weigh up
weather to manage the project internally or use an external
- A project like building a Port, only comes along every 50
- Executing the construction phase and brining in The APP
- Knowing when to bring in the experts to ensure you deliver the
- The deadline of the port for the Spirit of Tasmania.
- The early steps of physically setting up the site
- Operating at a CEO level and keeping an eye on the overall
- The cost of building the Spirit Port.
- The unique approach by using three principal supervisors on
- Contract packages, tendering, Lump Sum, DNC, and the rising
approach of Target Pricing.
- Delivering outcomes on the premise of solving the problems on
- The future for the Geelong Port and the impact is had made on
Sit back and enjoy this helpful interview with Brett Winter from
@buildhatch on Instagram
Geelong Port -
The APP Group
Connect with Brett on LinkedIn